Marinated Chicken In Lemon Thyme, Lemon, Lemon Zest, Garlic & HoneyFOODISTA
Remove All from Shopping List
- Take a large Ziplock bag & place all of the ingredients for the marinade in it, except the chicken. Mix carefully in the bag with a spoon because you don't want to damage the plastic bag. Add a few grinds of black pepper & some sea salt flakes.
- Add the chicken pieces. Close the bag and with the the help of your hands, massage the bag on the outside. Then, place the closed bag in a fitting bowl in case of leakage. Place in the fridge for about 3 to 4 hours. I marinated my chicken for 4 hours. From time to time, take the bag out of the fridge to massage the bag from the outside. Just before making dinner, take the bag out of the fridge.
- When the rest of your dinner is prepared & ready, you can bake the chicken. Lift & drain the chicken with a skimmer but keep the marinade!!!! Take a large non stick pan on medium high heat & heat up. Pour a thin layer of the fruity EVOO in it. When hot & sizzling, add the chicken & fry for about 3 to 5 minutes or just when they are browned. Adjust the heat if necessary. When you turn the chicken in the pan, to fry the other side, pour the remaining marinade all over the chicken,...everything! Fry for about 2 to 3 minutes & the marinade will make everything caramelised a bit. It turns goldsen brown in colour. It smells amazing!
- When everything is cooked through, serve on a plate with steamed green beans & fried red onion slices in the same fruity EVOO & with new boiled potatoes. Enjoy!!
|Calories320Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.