A delicious reason to roast more than you need from the Margarita Pork Roast recipe. These sandwiches offer a quick and spicy meal to satisfy a hungry crowd of pork-lovers. Serve with Poblano Potato Salad and assorted raw vegetables, such as baby ca…
rots and bell peppers strips.
- pork roast (Margarita, * thinly sliced)
- 1 pound pepper jack cheese (thinly sliced)
- 6 tomatoes (ripe, cored and thinly sliced)
- curly endive
- 15 sandwich buns
- 1 bulb garlic
- olive oil
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- hot pepper sauce (to taste)
- To serve cold: Arrange sliced pork, cheese and tomatoes attractively on serving platter; garnish. Arrange sandwich buns in napkin-lined basket. Place Roasted Garlic Mayonnaise (see below) in small serving bowl. To serve warm: Heat broiler. Top bottoms of buns with pork and cheese; broil to melt cheese. Remove from broiler and top with tomatoes and tops of sandwich buns; serve with Roasted Garlic Mayonnaise.
- Serves 12-15.
- Roasted Garlic Mayonnaise: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Carefully slice about 1/2 inch off the top of whole garlic bulb, exposing cloves. Place on 8-inch square of aluminum foil; drizzle with a little olive oil and seal package. Roast for 30-45 minutes, until garlic is soft. Squeeze garlic from cloves to stir into mayonnaise; season to taste with hot pepper sauce. Makes 2 cups, about 16 servings.