Lobster and Crab Ravioli
Remove All from Shopping List
- For Sauce: Boil lobsters in pot of boiling water 8 minutes. Transfer to bowl of ice water; cool. Drain. Working over large bowl to collect juices, remove claws and tails. Using knife, cut tails into 2-inch-wide pieces. Remove meat. Crack claws; remove meat. Cut bodies in half. Transfer shells and bodies to bowl with juices. Slice meat; place in small bowl. Chill.
- Heat oil in large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add shallots, fennel and garlic; saute 8 minutes. Add Madeira and tomato paste; bring to boil. Add stock, lobster shells and any juices; bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer until reduced to 2 1/2 cups, about 30 minutes.
- Strain liquid into saucepan, pressing on shells. Mix butter and flour in bowl. Add to liquid. Bring to boil, whisking often. Add cream; simmer until reduced to sauce consistency, about 8 minutes.
- For Filling: Cook lentils in medium saucepan of simmering water until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain. Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add leeks; saute until tender, about 15 minutes. Add lentils, lobster meat, crabmeat and 1/2 cup lobster sauce.
- For Ravioli: Cook pasta in pot of boiling salted water until just tender. Drain. Cut each noodle crosswise into 4 pieces. Divide half of pasta among 6 shallow bowls. Rewarm filling, mix in cilantro and spoon over pasta. Top with remaining pasta. Bring sauce to simmer. Spoon over pasta.
Did you make this?
|Calories390Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.