If you're in need of a fast and filling dinner, look no further than these foolproof loaded chili baked potatoes.
- 4 russet potatoes (medium)
- black pepper
- 2 cans chili with beans (14 oz. per can)
- 3/4 cup mexican blend cheese (shredded)
- 1 scallion (for serving)
- sour cream (for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Pierce each potato 2-3 times with a fork and wrap each individually in a sheet of aluminum foil. Place the potatoes directly on the middle oven rack. Bake the potatoes for 60-75 minutes, until fork-tender. Remove the potatoes from the oven and allow them to rest until they're cool enough to handle.
- Remove the potatoes from the aluminum foil. With a sharp knife, make a lengthwise slit in the top of each potato, slicing only halfway down. Carefully pinch the potatoes to open slightly. Scoop out a few tablespoons of the potato flesh from each potato. Reserve for an alternative use, or discard.
- Place the potatoes onto the baking sheet. Season the insides of the potatoes with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Spoon an equal amount of chili into each potato, doming it slightly over the tops. Sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly. over the potatoes.
- Bake the potatoes for 8-10 minutes on the middle rack of oven, until the cheese is melted and the chili and potatoes are heated through.
- Check to see that potatoes are done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Finely mince the scallion.
- Top each potato with a generous spoonful of sour cream and the minced scallion. Serve immediately.
|Calories280Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.