Add All to Shopping List
Add to Meal Planner
- Boil fish in milk for 7-8 minutes. Remove fish from the milk with a slotted spoon and set aside on a plate. Pour the milk into a heat proof jug and set aside. Flake the fish into good size flakes and set aside.
- Melt the butter in the same pan as you cooked the fish in, and then add the flour stirring continually until flour and butter are well combined. Slowly add the milk from the fish, stirring continually to ensure that it does not begin to clump. If you need to add more milk, use the extra milk now. Keep stirring and cook until the roux sauce begins to thicken. Taste the roux and add salt and pepper to taste (salt-water fish often needs a little more salt that you usually use, but go with your taste buds). Now add the onions, carrots, peas, and mushrooms. Cook for about 5 mins until the carrots begin to soften (add more milk if it becomes too thick, but do not allow it to become runny, you still want it so
- Mash the potatoes until thick and smooth. Using a large spoon, dollop potatoes on top of the fish mix, and using a fork spread the potatoes creating a design on the potatoes using the fork.
- Place into a 350*F oven for 20 minutes and then increase the heat to 400*F for a further 15-20 minutes or until the top is browned.
- Remove from oven and let sit for approximately 5-10 minutes before serving.
|Calories710Calories from Fat380|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat380|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.