Add All to Shopping List
Add to Meal Planner
- Combine butter, rosemary, thyme, garlic and lemon peel in small bowl and stir to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Herb butter can be prepared 3 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before using.)
- Preheat oven to 450 deg. Rinse chicken; pat dry. Slide hand under skin of chicken breast to loosen skin from meat. Reserve 2 tablespoons herb butter for gravy. Rub half of remaining herb butter over chicken breast under skin. Spread remaining herb butter over outside of chicken. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Truss chicken to help hold shape.
- Place chicken in heavy large roasting pan. Roast 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375 deg. Roast chicken until meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of inner thigh registers 175 deg. and juices from thigh run clear when thicken thigh is pierced with skewer, about 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Lift chicken and tilt slightly, emptying any juices form cavity into roasting pan. Transfer chicken to platter. Tent with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Pour pan juices into large glass measuring cup. Spoon fat off top. Add wine to pan. Place pan over high heat; bring wine to boil, scraping up any browned bits. Pour wine mixture into cup with pan juices. Add enough broth to same cup to measure 2 1/4 cups liquid. Melt reserved 2 tablespoons herb butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add flour, whisk until smooth and beginning to color, about 3 minutes. Gradually whisk