Korean Extra Crispy Fried Chicken w Sweet Spicy GlazeFOODISTA
Remove All from Shopping List
- 1. Cut and discard the end tip of each chicken wing. cut remaining pieces in half at the joint to create 2 pieces. Rinse pieces under cold water and set to dry for at least 10 minutes. In a heavy pot such as a dutch oven, pour in canola or peanut oil to a depth of 3 inches. Heat over medium-high for about 15 minutes or until ready for frying.
- 2. In the meantime, combine sauce ingredients of soy, vinegar, sugar, honey, ketchup, sesame oil, Thai chili peppers, and the seasoning in a small sauce pan. Boil until sauce slightly thickens and then set at low heat. Adjust the spiciness/sweetness of the sauce by adding more minced red peppers and/or sugar, continuously tasting for desired result.
- 3. In a large mixing bowl, mix 1 cup cornstarch and salt and pepper. Individually coat each chicken wing pieces with the cornstarch and set aside.
- 4. In another bowl, whisk the remaining cornstarch and water together to make a runny, liquidy batter. Add each chicken wing one at a time and coat well. Shake off excess batter and fry the chicken in batches for about 10~13 minutes, or until golden brown, then drain on paper towels. Do not overcrowd the pan when frying each batch.
- 5. Flavor the wings with a brush or by tossing them all together in a mixing bowl. Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with sesame seeds. Enjoy and eat while hot!
|Calories1590Calories from Fat840|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat840|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.