- 2 packets gelatin (Kosher)
- 5 1/2 instant coffee (I used decaf)
- 2 hot water
- 1 sugar (evaporated cane juice)
- 1/4 vanilla extract
- whipped topping (homemade)
- Dd instant coffee to two cups of hot water, mix well. Set aside to cool.
- When coffee is cooled, remove ½ cup of coffee and place into medium to large bowl. Sprinkle gelatin on top of ½ cup coffee.
- Meanwhile, add remaining 1 ½ cup coffee to a small pot, add sugar and bring to a boil.
- Add the sugar and coffee mixture to the gelatin mixture. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour mixture into individual glasses. Place in refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours or more. Top firmed java jello with homemade whipped topping.