Adding instant pudding to the batter for cakes and cupcakes, such as these, has long been a way to ensure that they remain wonderfully moist after baking (even by recipes from box cake mixes). This recipe takes that step even further by using instan…
pudding mix for the "frosting" as well. You can use pretty much any flavor of instant pudding for both batter and topping, but vanilla or chocolate are always safe bets and guaranteed crowdpleasers, especially among the younger set.
- 3 eggs
- 150 grams flour
- 100 grams sugar
- 100 grams milk
- 1 package instant pudding (any flavor)
- 150 grams olive oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- powdered sugar
- 7 deciliters milk
- 7 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package instant pudding
- ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 360°F.
- In a kitchen mixer, combine the eggs and the sugar and beat for 3 minutes at medium speed. Increase the speed to high and beat for 3 more minutes.
- Add the milk, instant pudding, and olive oil and beat at medium speed for 2 1/2 minutes.
- Add the baking powder and mix for a few more seconds.
- Fill the wells of a cupcake tin with the batter, filling each well about 3/4 of the way full.
- Sprinkle the batter with powdered sugar.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the cupcakes from the tin and place into a bowl.
- Drizzle with 2 deciliters of milk.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the remaining milk and sugar and bring to a boil.
- Add the instant pudding powder, and cook according to the package instructions.
- Cover the cupcakes with the custard and let it cool completely.
- Top with ground cinnamon to taste.