Get cooking with this tangy jerk recipe prepared with Impossible™ Burger, yellow onion, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, peppers and pineapple salsa. By Impossible Foods Chef J. Michael Melton.
- Prepare the Impossible™ Burger: Form 2 oz patties and keep refrigerated.
- Let's get saucy: This no-cook sauce is super simple and only needs to be blended right before you're ready to use. Refrigerate for up to 5 days. Combine all ingredients except cilantro (yellow onion, allspice, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, Scotch bonnet peppers, fresh thyme, scallions, cinnamon, nutmeg, five-pepper blend, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, lime zest and juice, orange zest and juice, 3/4 cup pineapple, and salt) and blend on medium/high for about 30-45 seconds, or until well incorporated. Add cilantro and blend to desired consistency. Adjust seasoning.
- It's salsa time: Combine all ingredients (2 cups pineapple, red onion, jalapeño, red bell pepper, cilantro, lime juice, and salt) and mix well. Allow to sit for 30 minutes in order to allow all flavors to come together.
- Cook that Impossible: In a large saute pan on medium-high heat, add oil and bring up to temperature. Once heated, sear the Impossible Patties in batches, 2 minutes each side. Place on paper towel-lined plate to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve, share, and enjoy: Drizzle jerk sauce over patties with a side of the pineapple salsa.
|Calories130Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.