Hummus makes for a great snack, it is full of plant-based protein from the chickpeas. You can serve it with veggies and crackers for a healthy appetizer while entertaining. Mutabel is another great dip for entertaining, it is made from eggplant for…
an earthy and bold flavor. You can use both of these as a bold addition to a sandwich, just use them as a spread in place of mayo or mustard.
- Hummus preparation: put all the ingredients, except the oil and paprika which are used as garnish at the end, in a food processor and grind. If it is too thick, add a little liquid from the chickpeas or water.
- Season with garlic and cumin according to taste. Transfer to a bowl. At serving time, sprinkle with paprika and add extra virgin olive oil to taste.
- Mutabel preparation: repeat the process above.
- Put all ingredients in the food processor, including a stream of extra virgin olive oil. Grind well and adjust the amount of garlic and cumin according to taste.
- Serving suggestion: pita bread, slices of toast, carrot sticks, mid lettuce leaves.