- 2 1/2 pounds pork shoulder
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 onion (Medium, Finely Chopped)
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- brioche buns (Buttered And Toasted)
- jalapeños (Sliced)
- 1 red cabbage (Small, Shredded)
- 4 large carrots (Shredded)
- 4 green onions (Thinly Sliced)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic (Minced)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- For the pulled pork, combine all the ingredients except the blade pork roast and the buns in a slow cooker or heavy bottom dutch oven and mix together with a spoon. Add the 2 pieces of blade pork roast and cover the slow cooker. Set for 8 hours on low. After 8 hours, using 2 forks, shred the pork and remove the pork with the remaining sauce into a large bowl.
- If you’re using a dutch oven, place over medium-high heat and bring the liquid to a simmer. Cover and transfer to a 325 preheated oven: Cook for 2 to 4 hours, until fork tender: Let the pork cook undisturbed for 2 hours, then begin checking it every half hour. Total cooking time will be 2 to 4 hours. The pork is done when it is fork-tender. Then, remove from the oven and using 2 forks, shred the pork and remove the pork with the remaining sauce into a large bowl. Serve between toasted buns with any desired toppings.
- To make the slaw, combine the cabbage, carrots and onions in a large bowl. Whisk the mustard, garlic, oil, vinegar, lime juice and honey together. Season with salt and pepper as needed. Toss with the cabbage mixture. And let sit for 30 minutes.
- Assemble pulled pork burgers with pork, slaw, cilantro and jalapeños!