- buttercream (Whipped Vanilla)
- cupcakes (Monster)
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract (McCormick®)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (McCormick® Pure)
- 32 ounces sugar (confectioners', sifted)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 pinch salt
- food colors (McCormick® Color from Nature™ -)
- 16 unfrosted cupcakes
- 44 candy eyeballs
- 8 marshmallows (small, halved crosswise)
- 8 pieces string licorice
- 2 large marshmallows (halved crosswise)
- 4 candy coated chocolate (pieces, such as M&M's®)
- For the Buttercream, beat butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add vanilla and almond extracts; mix well. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar, milk and salt on low speed, beating until just blended after each addition, and frequently scraping sides and bottom of bowl. Then beat for at least 3 minutes on medium-high speed. If frosting is too thick to spread, gradually beat in additional milk.
- Divide Buttercream evenly into 4 small bowls. Stir in the following Color from Nature Food Colors to reach the desired colors: For the Green Eyed Monster, stir 1/2 teaspoon Sky Blue color and 1/2 teaspoon Sunflower color into first bowl. For the Pink Zombie Brain, stir 1 1/2 teaspoons Berry color into second bowl. For the Yellow Centipede, stir 1 1/2 teaspoons Sunflower color into third bowl. For the Blue Cyclops, stir 1 1/2 teaspoons Sky Blue color into fourth bowl. Spoon colored buttercreams into individual pastry bags.
- To decorate the Green Eyed Monster Cupcakes, fit the green pastry bag with a #21 open star decorating tip. Starting at the center of a cupcake, pipe buttercream to resemble small star-shaped spikes by applying pressure to the pastry bag while quickly pulling up. Repeat over the entire surface of the cupcake. Add 7 to 9 candy eyeballs on top of the buttercream. Repeat on three more cupcakes.