If you are into scary sweets for Halloween, you're in luck: These "finger foods" will satisfy your love of gore quite nicely. The cookies are made by rolling pieces of dough into ropes and then cutting into finger-size lengths, and a toothpick is us…
d to make the joint markings before one end of the dough is pressed for the nail, which is fashioned out of an almond attached by a bit of jam "glue." For the spiderweb cookies, you simply pipe melted chocolate in lines radiating out from the center and then the circlular threads that connect them.
- 400 grams all purpose flour
- 50 grams vanilla sugar
- 80 grams powdered sugar
- 1/2 vanilla pod (seeds only)
- 250 grams unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- blackberry jam
- almond flakes
- milk chocolate
- In a blender, combine the sugars, and grind to a powder.
- Add the butter, egg, vanilla, flour, and a pinch salt. Blend to a sandy texture.
- Remove, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.