- 1 shallot (small)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (quartered and seeded)
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled)
- 1 tomato (seeded and chopped)
- 1 avocado (peeled, seeded and cut into chunks)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (from half a lime)
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves (loosely packed fresh, coarsely chopped)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds extra large shrimp (or large, peeled and de-veined)
- 16 inches corn tortillas
- 2 cups red cabbage (chopped, for garnish, I buy it pre-chopped in a bag)
- 2 limes (cut into wedges, for garnish)
- 1 cup sour cream (for garnish)
PER SERVING *
|Calories480Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Linda A. 25 Jun
Excellent! Very easy and quick.
Emmy W. 23 Apr
My fiance and I are trying to eat less fast food, and Mexican is our favorite cuisine. For convinience and budget, we tried these while subbing the fresh cilantro for dried, the fresh jalenpenos and garlic for canned, and leaving out the shallots as we could not find any at our local grocery chain. However, these still turned out AMAZING. Not as spicy as we expected, though that was a pro for both of us as the flavor was great! We served with feta and sour cream. These were easy, cheap, and we will definitely be putting these in our rotation!
Karyn T. 9 Nov 2017
To quote my husband, "possibly one of the top 3 shrimp tacos I've ever had"! The salsa was delicious and so was the shrimp. I cooked the shrimp in a skillet and added a dash of cumin and paprika to the shrimp spice mix.
Lynnette Mendoza 14 Sep 2017
Amazing!! They couldn't have been any better!
Kimberly Graham 22 Jul 2015
I LOVED THIS RECIPE! I was afraid it was going to be too spicy, but it turned out perfect! I think this is a perfect summer dinner!