Add All to Shopping List
Add to Meal Planner
- 1) Soak fruitwood smoking chips in water for 1 hour.
- 2. When chips have soaked, preheat enough charcoal in an outdoor grill with cover to provide a medium heat. Add fruitwood chips and place grill rack 6 inches from the heat source.
- 3. Season the pork with salt and pepper. Rub all surfaces with the garlic and rosemary. Roll and tie roast.
- 4. Place the onions and pork bones in the bottom of a small, heavy roasting pan. Place the roast on top and set on the grill. Cover grill and cook pork to an internal temperature of 160 degrees F-about 2 1/2 hours depending upon consistency of heat source. Check charcoal and add more as needed. Add water to roasting pan periodically to keep at least 1/2-inch liquid in bottom of pan.
- 5.) Transfer roast to platter; cover with aluminum foil and keep warm until ready to serve. Add 1/2 cup water to roasting pan and stir to loosen browned on bits. Strain liquid into a small saucepan; remove fat and heat broth. Slice roast and drizzle with some of broth. Serve with Grilled Pineapple and Peach Relish.