Cut from the pork loin, pork chops can be found under a variety of names, including Porterhouse, Ribeye, New York, Sirloin and Blade pork chops.
- 4 bone-in ribeye (rib) pork chops (3/4-Inch Thick)
- 2 cloves garlic (Peeled)
- 1 cup fresh basil (Packed)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (Fresh)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (Freshly Ground)
- With machine running, drop garlic through feed tube of food processor to mince. Stop, add fresh basil, and process until chopped. Add lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper and process to make thin wet rub. Spread both sides of pork chops with basil mixture. Let stand 15 to 30 minutes.
- Prepare a medium-hot fire in grill. Brush the grate clean and oil the grate. Grill chops, over direct heat, turning once, to medium rare doneness, 5 to 6 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time.
Crystal 3 days ago
Had a nice fresh flavor but it was light, will be marinating for longer next time and might add a little more spices
Sheely Mcdonald 5 days ago
Very good, will definitely make again! Personally I don't like bone in, but was good, will make with different meat next time.
Drea Oldenburg 5 days ago
It is delicious. There is just enough lemon to make it pop.
Byron 12 days ago
This was really good
HowardYang 13 days ago
Turned out great. Easy to make. I highly recommend
jerdan 17 days ago
very good!! Super easy!
Gary Cortese 17 days ago
Delicious. Family hit.
Madeline Hawkinson 21 days ago
Phenomenal!! Very easy
Steph Binderup 22 days ago
I couldn't open the directions, so I winged it... While running late and thawing out thick chops, I threw the balance of the ingredients (1 tsp pre-minced garlic and 2 tbsp bottled dried basil due to time) in a skillet and pre-heated a burner to med-high. Chops thawed and in the pan they went. On to the hot burner, and 10 minutes later...perfectly cooked chops with WONDERFUL flavor. Definitely making these again, and I might even follow the directions!
Corey Fritz 23 days ago
Very easy and very tasty.
Grace Menjivar 25 days ago
Delicious. Will cook again for sure.
Svelte 26 days ago
Simple and good . Will repeat
Trent B. 29 days ago
sear the meat might improve recipe
Jerry 30 days ago
Use rub on pork loin chop.
Yae Jin Covet 15 Jan
It was very tasty. I served with a portion of mixed vegetables.
Michelle Fredrickson Pulford 11 Jan
Turned out perfect even with dried basil and cooking it on the stovetop
George F. 8 Jan
This pork chop was exactly what I expected and was really delicious #iwillmakeitagain
Tanya Smith 7 Jan
It didn't taste like anything, but I'm going to try it again.
Matt 7 Jan
good flavor. it would be better if it marinaded a bit longer.
alex diaz 4 Jan
Delicious, next time won’t use as much basil tho. Also added few other spices to rub
Shane Millham 16 Jul 2018
Finished product looks exactly like the picture. I cooked using 2 tablespoons of pre-chopped basil rather than cutting the basil fresh.
Bridget W. 25 May 2018
It was good! I added more spices parsley, dill, and white wine to make a reduction. Delightful! 😊
Herrera 22 May 2018
Very tasty meal. I used a cast iron skillet instead of a grill but used the same instructions turned out fantastic.
Jordan T. 20 May 2018
it was absolutely amazing
tbrenneke 18 May 2018
Great taste! Kept meat moist!
Janessa Guerro 10 May 2018
Very good! I added Worcestershire sauce to the rub and it came out scrumptious!
Queen of the House 7 May 2018
didn't turn out so good
Genevieve 4 Apr 2018
It was ok. The rub did not bring that much flavor. Would have been the same to use any pesto leftover...
Nicole S. 27 Mar 2018
Excellent great taste