Lemon, garlic and oregano are the “trinity” of Mediterranean island cooking. This culinary triumvirate marries perfectly with pork. If desired, thinly slice leftovers and tuck into pita pocket bread, topped with Yogurt Sauce. Serve roast with Italia…
bread, marinated tomatoes, rice pilaf and roasted asparagus.
- For Pork Roast: Place pork in large self-sealing bag. Add olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt, pepper and 6 garlic cloves to bag; seal bag and toss gently to combine thoroughly. Refrigerate 8-24 hours.
- Remove pork from marinade; discarding marinade.
- Prepare medium-hot banked fire in covered kettle-style grill. Grill pork over indirect heat, away from fire, for 45 minutes-1 hour (about 20 minutes per pound), until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F.
- Remove roast from oven; let rest about 10 minutes before slicing to serve with Yogurt Sauce (instructions follow).
- For Yogurt Sauce: Stir together yogurt, cucumber, onion, 1 garlic clove, coriander, salt and red pepper flakes. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.