Flawless French style cheese balls make for an elegant display and pre-dinner appetizer. Of course, they also make a great snack for the kids or pick-me-up for the adults. A simple egg, water, flour, and butter dough is elevated by the incorporation…
of salty, rich, elegant Gruyere cheese. Allow the ingredients to fully embody each other before rolling and putting in the oven for their final baking to golden crispiness.
- 80 grams butter
- 25 water
- 150 grams flour
- 4 eggs
- 150 grams gruyere
- In the bowl melt butter, water and salt with the flexible beater at 280 °F, mixing speed 3.
- Once the mixture comes to a boil, add the flour.
- Set the temperature to 0 and continue to mix to speed 1.
- As soon as the temperature of the mixture is lower than 180 ° F, add the eggs and continue mixing until fully incorporated.
- Add the cheese to the mixture and stir.
- Preheat oven to 410/420 °F.
- Portion small mounds of batter using a pastry bag or two teaspoons on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and sprinkle with grated cheese
- Bake for 20 minutes.