- Gluten-Free* Classic Pie Crust (Single Crust)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 large egg yolks (beaten)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar (divided)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 large egg whites
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- HEAT oven to 425°F. Prepare single pie crust according to recipe directions, using 9-inch pie plate. Flute top edge of crust. Prick bottom and sides of crust with fork. Bake for 17 to 19 minutes or until golden.
- REDUCE oven temperature to 350°F.
- For Filling: WHISK sugar, cornstarch, salt and water in medium saucepan on medium, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Pour 1/3 of hot mixture into beaten eggs. Mix well. Return egg mixture to saucepan. Bring mixture to boil stirring constantly. Boil one minute. Remove from heat. Add butter, lemon peel and lemon juice. Stir until smooth. Pour into baked pie crust.
- For Meringue: STIR 2 tablespoons sugar, cornstarch and water in small saucepan until cornstarch dissolves. Cook and stir on medium heat until mixture is clear. Remove from heat. Cool. Beat egg whites and vanilla in medium bowl with electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Beat in remaining 6 tablespoons sugar, 1 tablespoon at time. Beat well after each addition. Mix in cooled cornstarch mixture and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Spread over lemon filling covering completely, sealing to edge of crust. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until meringue is golden. Cool. Refrigerate.
|Calories570Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.