Add All to Shopping List
Add to Meal Planner
- Season the pork strips with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Remove stem, veins and seeds of the chile and place it in a bowl with 2-3 cups of warm water. Soak for at least 5-7 minutes.
- Add the following to a blender: the tomatoes, onion, garlic, chile, a few cilantro stems, 1 3/4 cup of the water of the chile, and salt to taste and mix until smooth.
- In a large pan over high heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and cook pork until the internal temperature is between 145 degrees F. (medium rare) and 160 degrees F. (medium), 3 to 5 minutes. Remove the excess liquid in the pan while cooking and set aside. Reserve the pork, cover and set aside.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the pan, add the pasta and sauté for about 2 minutes until golden brown. Reduce the temperature to medium-low. Add the sauce, the pork juice (if any) and cook covered for about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally and serve immediately.