This lasagna is made with a mixture of fish and shellfish for a bold take on the classic Italian favorite. Calamari, sea bass, and shrimp are the perfect trio to make this dish unforgettable. Pairing them with a mild tomato sauce and parmesan cheese…
and layering it all between tender sheets of pasta bring the dish together. This is a great recipe to make for a crowd, simply serve it with some toasted bread and a lightly dressed green salad.
- 12 lasagna sheets
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove (peeled and minced)
- 1 onion (peeled and diced)
- 1 leek (diced)
- 1 carrot (peeled and diced)
- 1 kilogram calamari (rings, clean and chopped)
- 1 sea bass (clean, skinned, and cut into pieces)
- 500 grams large shrimp (peeled, deveined, and chopped)
- 200 milliliters tomato sauce
- parmesan cheese (grated)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Cook the lasagna in pot of salted, boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain the pasta and lay each sheet out flat.
- In a saucepan, add the oil on medium heat. Add the garlic, onion, leek, and carrot. Saute for a 5 minutes. Add the calamari, sea bass, and shrimp. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and cook for another 5 minutes. Mix well.
- Add a small amount of tomato sauce to a baking dish. Lay several lasagna sheets atop the sauce. Add a layer of filling and top with grated cheese. Repeat the process, finishing with a layer of lasagna sheets and grated parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes, and then put the oven on the grill setting to melt the cheese.
|Calories350Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.