This Filled Chipotle Flavored Chayote Squash is not only filled with flavor but nutritous elements! This recipe is great for an ordinary lunch to give you that extra punch of flavor you have been looking for. Try this recipe out and let us know what you think in the comments below. You can also give this recipe a star rating for other to view. We are confident you will love this Filled Chipotle Flavored Chayote Squash recipe.
- 2 chayote squash (large, peeled and cut into halves)
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 zucchini (cubed)
- 1 carrot (cubed)
- cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon chipotle salsa
- 4 pieces panela cheese (may substitute mozzarella)
- cheese (Melting, such as mozzarella, shredded)
- Boil the squash in water with a little salt until softened. Remove from pan, rinse with cold water, and let cool.
- Use a spoon to remove the flesh from the squash, leaving the rind intact. Set aside to use in another recipe.
- Spritz a skillet with cooking spray and saute the onion and the carrot. When the onion changes in color, add the garlic salt and the zucchini, along with 1/4 cup water.
- Cover the skillet and let cook 3 minutes, until the vegetables become tender and absorb the water.
- Taste for seasoning, adding salt and pepper if necessary. Add the chipotle and cook for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place a piece of cheese in the bottom of each chayote half. Place the vegetable mixture on top and sprinkle with cheese.