- 3 cups unbleached flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 10 tablespoons cold butter (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup yellow onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons chilis in adobo (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup tomato (finely chopped)
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- Place flour and salt in work bowl of food processor with multi purpose blade attached. Pulse 3-4 times to combine. Add butter and pulse 3-4 times. Add egg and drizzle water over flour mixture. Continue pulsing until clumpy dough forms. Knead on lightly floured surface about 1 minute until smooth. Divide into 2 balls, wrap in plastic and chill 1 hour.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot, add ground beef, onion, garlic and bell pepper. Cook until beef is cooked through, 7-8 minutes. Add cumin, oregano and cayenne. Sauté 1-2 minutes. Stir chilis in adobo, tomato, stock, sugar, sea salt and black pepper. Simmer on low heat until liquid is almost absorbed, 4-5 minutes. Transfer to bowl and chill 1 hour.
- Roll out Dough, 1 piece at a time, on lightly floured surface to ⅛-inch thickness. Cut Dough into 4-inch rounds. Gather scraps and re-roll to get as many pieces as possible. Repeat with remaining Dough.
|Calories150Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.