Sunday dinner is meant to be savored and enjoyed with family and friends. It is a great way to start the week off with love and happiness. This recipe for Eggplant Lasagna with Crude Ham is a perfect way to show your family how much you love them. I…
takes 90 minutes to prepare, but the aromas wafting from the kitchen will fill your home with joy. Nothing says love like a homecooked meal that is rich and hearty.
- 9 sheets pasta (lasagna)
- 8 slices ham (crude)
- 3 eggplants
- 1 onion (small)
- 1 kilogram tomatoes (or 2-3 cans tomatoes)
- 150 grams Emmental (grated)
- whipping cream (20 cl.)
- 1 egg
- 100 grams grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 175°C (345°F).
- Cut the eggplants into slices 1 centimeter thick and arrange them in a single layer on paper towels. Add salt to both sides and drain for 30 minutes.
- Rinse the eggplants and them dry with paper towels.
- Arrange on a baking sheet in a single layer and brush with olive oil.
- Bake for 35 minutes, turning halfway through cooking until tender.
- In a saute pan, brown the chopped onion over low heat in a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the diced tomatoes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Grease a baking dish and arrange the lasagna sheets at the bottom of the dish.
- Divide half the eggplant slices, 1/3 tomatoes, and a little chopped basil.
- Cover half with ham and half with Emmenthal.
- Repeat same procedure with another layer.
- Top the last layer of lasagna with the last third of tomato sauce and mix (cream + egg) and Parmesan.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cover with aluminum foil, let stand for 10 minutes.
|Calories270Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.