This dinnertime favorite is easy to make, feeds a crowd, and is great for making ahead or freezing.
- 1 pound ziti
- 1 pound 85% lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt (divided, plus more for pasta water)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (divided)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder (divided)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning (divided)
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- 24 ounces low-moisture ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a generous pinch of salt. Once boiling, add the ziti to the water. Cook for 9-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is al dente. Drain the pasta in a large colander, and rinse thoroughly with cold water. While the pasta cooks, prepare the meat sauce.