Though they're decadent enough to pass for dessert, these double chocolate muffins make for quite the breakfast treat.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened, 115g)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Line a 12-cavity muffin pan with muffin liners.
- In large mixing bowl, use a mixer to cream together the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth and combined.
- Add the eggs and beat with the mixer for a minute longer, until the mixture is pale and fluffy.
- Add the sour cream and milk. Beat with the mixer until fully incorporated.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt to the bowl. Beat on medium-low speed until just combined. Be careful not to over-mix.
- Add the chocolate chips to the batter. Fold into the batter with a rubber spatula to evenly distribute.
- Spoon an even amount of batter into each muffin liner.
- Insert the muffin pan into oven, and bake for 15-25 minutes.
- Remove the muffin pan from the oven when a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool in pan for 5 minutes, then serve. Store leftovers at room temperature for 2 days or in the refrigerator for 3 days.
|Calories250Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Ronye Bodnar 24 days ago
they are great! I did see were someone posted about the sweetness so I used 1/2 cup dark brown sugar and 3/4 cup granulated sugar. they may be more of a cake then a muffin at this point but good none the less. breakfast, lunch, dinner or a snack
Stephanie Dye 25 days ago
turned out pretty good! i substituted the chocolate chips for peanut butter chips, but i think the muffin turned out nice and moist. only thing i would change is a bit more sugar, wasnt sweet enough for my personal taste.
Scott 10 Jan
delicious would definitely make again
Jean W. 28 Nov 2018
I added walnuts and over filled my muffin cups but they taste great.
Melinda Ghita 27 Nov 2018
great recipe!! loved it!!
Bobbi C. 5 Nov 2018
These are so good. The best part about it is.....they are so easy to make. Love these and this recipe is my go to now!
llauraa 3 Nov 2018
They turned out great , i ‘be changed the recipe a little and put some dark chocolate in the center of each muffin
Kamran Faruqi 26 Oct 2018
Very delicious. and so easy to make. It was instantly popular among kids. Highly recommended.
Kim Seidel 13 Oct 2018
delicious and easy! will make them again
Natalia Rik 11 Aug 2018
very nice. Good recipe, just changed sour cream for yogurt.
Juman S 8 Jul 2018
Great and rich!! I will make it again and again
Bear Bones 8 Jul 2018
These are so good! I added a bit more chocolate chips the second time around but they are so rich and simple to make. I had to make more because my family devoured them within the day!
Marge 7 Jul 2018
My new go to recipe for chocolate muffins! Very moist and not to sweet. Easy to make and baked up perfect.
Hartman 23 Jun 2018
These are great. Yum!
Welcome Rebcca 17 Jun 2018
Good so nice and chocolate
K L. 9 Jun 2018
These were really good! Me and my daughter loved them.