- 300 milliliters double cream
- 250 grams mascarpone (Tube)
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar (or sweetner if preferred)
- 1 cup strong coffee
- 1 box sponge fingers
- 3 squares dark chocolate (or cocoa if preferred)
- liqueur (choice)
- 1 - In a box whisk the cream, mascarpone and sugar until it’s nice and thick. At this point you can whisk in a little of your liqueur if you would like – 1-2 capfulls is enough to taste it.
- 2 - In another bowl make up the coffee. Take a sponge finder and hold it in the coffee for a few seconds before placing into your serving dish. Continue until you have one full layer of spong and coffee fingers.
- 3 - For the next layer smooth over some of the whisked cream and follow with a light layer of grated chocolate.