No one will miss the dairy in these filling and flavorful dairy-free stuffed mushrooms.
- 12 cremini mushrooms (large)
- 4 ounces day-old baguette
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Line a square baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Carefully remove the stems from the mushrooms and discard or save for an alternative use.
- Arrange the mushrooms in the baking pan with the cavities facing up. Set aside.
- Break the stale baguette into large chunks and place in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse into coarse crumbs.
- Place the breadcrumbs into a mixing bowl. Add the parsley, thyme, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, mayonnaise, and Dijon mustard.
- Pour the egg mixture over the breadcrumbs.
- Using a large fork, mix until the ingredients are thoroughly combined and the stuffing holds together when pinched.
- With a small spoon and clean hands, stuff a generous Tablespoon of filling into each mushroom. Pack the filling tightly into each cavity, using enough so that the mushrooms are domed with stuffing.
- Transfer the baking pan to the preheated oven.
- Bake for 23-26 minutes, until the mushrooms have released some of their juices and the stuffing is nicely browned.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Allow the mushrooms to cool for 5 minutes before plating and serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories90Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.