- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups yellow onions (finely chopped)
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 pounds butternut squash
- 2 apples (peeled, cored and chopped)
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup apple juice
- Melt butter in pot. Add onions and curry powder and cook, covered, over low heat until onions are tender, about 25 minutes. Meanwhile, peel the squash, scrap out seeds and cut squash into pieces. When onions are tender, add the stock, squash, and chopped apples. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer partially covered until squash and apples are very tender, about 25 minutes.
- Pour soup through a strainer, reserve liquid. Put solids in food processor or a blender with a little liquid and process until smooth. Return puree to the pot, add apple juice and additional cooking liquid until soup is of desired consistency.
- Season to taste and garnish with shredded apple and a dollop of crème fraîche.