Save yourself from the mess of frying - try baking these crispy chicken wings in your oven!
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a roasting rack on top.
- Cover the roasting rack with another sheet of aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Use a fork to poke holes throughout the surface of the foil.
- Rinse the chicken wings under cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Season the chicken wings on both sides with salt and black pepper.
- Place the olive oil, paprika, and garlic powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Place the chicken wings in the mixing bowl. Using a rubber spatula, toss the chicken wings to evenly coat in the seasoned oil.
- Arrange the chicken wings onto the foil-covered roasting rack.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the preheated oven.
- Bake the chicken wings for 45-50 minutes, until browned and crispy.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- Allow the chicken wings to cool on the roasting rack for 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken wings to a plate and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1130Calories from Fat770|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat770|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Kate 16 Sep
Delicious! This will be my go-to wing recipe. The only thing I would change is a little less salt. Maybe only 1tsp. But nice and crispy
Dorrian Brooks 23 Aug
i didn't have the baking powder but it still turned out great
Derrick 20 Aug
Very Easy to make and enjoyed by the whole family
Aileen Kehoe 6 Aug
I only cooked for 40 mins and they came out a little dry (although all eaten!), I'm going to try 35 minutes and see, not sure about putting another layer of foil on top as I'm afraid they won't crisp up.
S Ma 29 Jul
I added another foil wrapper on top to help keep the moisture in. Make sure you have the right ratio of wings to seasonings, otherwise the result will be too salty.
Hi Kay 19 Jul
They turned out great. Very tasty and had a nice flavor.
Quasim Sturdivant 13 Jul
A++++ will make again
Stokes 3 Jul
everyone loved the baked chicken.
Toasty Freeze 29 Jun
Connie 17 Jun
yummy..tossed in sauce
Ana Castillo 16 Jun
Wonderful delicious. Crispy, and tasty.
Tia R. 14 Jun
Great. Added wing sauce. Everyone loved it with baked mini red skin potatoes.
Lu Tome 10 Jun
Great! Crispy and Yummy
Renee 10 Jun
Great! I used chicken breasts for boneless wings! All 6 liked it