- 6 cutlets (chicken thigh, skin on and bone in* See Notes)
- 2 tablespoons butter (or olive oil)
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 6 cloves garlic (crushed with the back of a knife, not minced)
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper (or cracked pepper - optional)
- 3/4 cup chicken stock (or broth)
- 1/2 cup cream (thickened/heavy cream or coconut cream may be used)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- salt (to season)
- 4 thyme (fresh sprigs of, or 1 teaspoon dried thyme is fine)
- lemon wedges (to serve)
PER SERVING *
|Calories440Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Ana Maria Iriarte 18 days ago
Great I will do it again it’s delicious
Amber T. 9 Jun
A tasty recipe, lemon flavour was a little sharp. Added in more thyme, garlic granules and sugar while the sauce was simmering, which rounded the taste off perfectly. Made enough for 4 meals can’t wait to eat the rest up.
Marian G. 9 Jun
i love this recipe and i make it all the time
Jill 27 Apr
It was delicious. I'm not much of one for 'Cooking' but this was quite easy to follow, and didn't take hours to cook like some recipes do.
Lynch 23 Apr
Delicious, sauce was perfect for three thighs. Might want to double it if using 6 thighs.
Mike Storrar 6 Apr
very teasty indeed...even the wife enjoyed it!
Caiti Morris 1 Apr
yummy, I use creme fraiche instead of cream. love lots of lemon so it's nice and sharp
Tony I. 12 Feb
Great recipe, I did add a l little of my own creation. I added fettuccine noodles, cooked of course, right before I put it in the oven, I did use 2 pieces of chicken and kept the recipe portions the same so I could add the noodles without running out of sauce. I did zest up a lemon and made my own lemon pepper. It turned out great.
Christel D. 10 Apr 2016
This was really tasty, but I might use a little bit less lemon next time (personal taste). The sauce is even better when reheated (I think as the sharpness of the lemon has disappeared). For a healthier sauce, mix milk with cornflour to the desired consistency to use instead of cream.
Rebecca S. 11 Feb 2016
Sauce is amazing... Used the leftovers for a pasta dish the next day!! Definitely using again... YUM!