- 1 pound crabmeat (Backfin)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon tarragon (or 1 tsp. fine herbs)
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (liquid)
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon water
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce (liquid)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup crabmeat (filling)
- paprika (for garnish)
- parsley (for garnish)
- Remove cartilage from crab meat. Melt butter in medium saucepan; add crab meat and saute gently until thoroughly heated. Add heavy cream, tarragon and liquid hot pepper sauce. Heat until sauce has a creamy consistency, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to avoid burning. Set aside while making omelets.
- Beat eggs until fluffy. Mix in water, liquid hot pepper sauce and salt. Using a 10 inch omelet pan or French skillet melt enough butter over medium heat to coat bottom of pan well.
- When butter just begins to sizzle, add eggs. As eggs begin to set around sides of pan, gently lift edges with spatula, allowing uncooked egg to flow to sides. Continue this process until eggs will no longer flow when edges are lifted and is of a jelly consistency. Spoon 1/2 cup of crab meat mixture on to 1/2 of omelet. Gently fold other half over crabmeat. Cook until lightly browned.
- Remove to plate. Spoon 1/4 cup of crabmeat mixture on top of omelet. Serve garnished with paprika and parsley, if desired.
Jerry V. 3 years ago
In step 1 I just melted 3 tbsp. of butter and added 1/2 cup Half & Half, a heavy dash of WUJU hot sauce, tarragon and a half cup of grated cheese until smooth and creamy. After it thickened up I added the fresh Dungeness crab meat just long enough to allow the sauce to heat the crab through while I made the omelet. It was so good that I had to lick the plate afterwards to get every last bit of the sauce!