- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 cups corn kernels (from 4-5 ears corn reserve cobs for stock)
- 4 ounces bacon (chopped)
- 1 onion (large, finely diced, 1 1/2 cup)
- 1 large carrot (cut into 1/4" dice, 1 cup)
- 3 stalks celery (finely diced, 1 cup)
- 1 pound potatoes (Yukon, 3 medium, peeled and cut into 1/4" thick pieces)
- 3 teaspoons sea salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons chives (chopped, to garnish)
Marianne Francavilla a month ago
This recipe is great, simmering the cobbs in the stock makes it twice as flavorful, and the cayenne pepper adds just the right amount of heat!
Nicole I. 3 months ago
easy and delicious, we use ham instead of chicken
Avi's Grandma 5 months ago
My family loved this soup so much that I’m making it again a week later.
Matthew D. 6 months ago
solid run-of-the-mill corn chowder. added some gigner to add interest to the flavor, but everything turned out great. Uncomplicated recipe, basic ingredients, solid outcome.
Allen 7 months ago
Turn out good. Had a very good flavor.
Brian 8 months ago
That’s a keeper! Everyone loved it.
Maigua 9 months ago
I was expecting a more flavorful plate. It didn't turn that well :(
Gilmore 9 months ago
Turned out better than expected, rich flavor. Definitely a keeper
David Winn 9 months ago
Amazing! Blending some of the soup up and adding it back in made it SO much thicker and creamier, excellent tip!
Elizabet Kanaca 10 months ago
I would use a tiny bit more heavy cream to make it thicker other than that it was amazing and easy.
Luz Silva 10 months ago
Great recipe! i will definitely make it again.