Use your family's favorite sausage or one of the Quick-Mix sausage recipes in this recipe collection. Serve alongside Boneless, Herb-Crusted Leg of Pork or Mustard-Glazed Ham.
- 8 ounces bulk pork sausages
- 2 cups apples (unpeeled and chopped)
- 3/4 cup onions (chopped)
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups cornbread (coarsely crumbled)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (reduced-sodium)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large skillet, cook sausage until brown. Remove sausage; drain and set aside. Drain fat from skillet. In the same skillet, cook apple and onion in hot butter until tender. Remove from heat. Stir in poultry seasoning and black pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine sausage, apple mixture, corn bread and parsley. Drizzle with enough chicken broth to moisten, tossing gently. Transfer to a greased 2-quart casserole.
- Cover and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Serves 8.
Jonathan Goodsell 3 months ago
Turned out great but the whole family didn't love it so I cant give it 5 stars.