Light, airy, and reminiscent of a pina colada, this coconut and pineapple cake is perfect for summer parties and other gatherings. This cake has a fluffy texture that will only excite your tastebuds.
- 3 eggs
- 200 grams sugar
- 300 grams flour
- 200 grams grated coconut
- 4 pineapple slices
- 1 natural yogurt
- 100 grams butter (at room temperature.)
- 100 grams baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- grated coconut (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease a rectangular cake pan with butter and sprinkle with plenty of grated coconut. Set aside.
- Mix the butter and sugar, and beat to a cream. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition.
- Mix the flour with the baking soda and salt.
- Add the yogurt and flour to the batter.
- Mix well until the dough is creamy.
- Cut the pineapple slices into small pieces.
- Add the pineapple and coconut to the batter.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan, and bake for about 40 minutes.
- Do the toothpick test, and once it is cooked remove from the oven.
- Unmold, and while it's warm sprinkle with grated coconut.
Sallie B. 25 May 2015
The best way I can describe this one is that it tastes like a pina colada as a cake (without the alcohol!) Fluffy, moist and packed full of flavor. Coconut and pineapple are one of my favorite flavor combinations. I love making this for summer parties because it has just a light and airy taste.