- 1 vanilla pod
- milk (20 cl.)
- 4 eggs
- 150 grams sugar
- 150 grams butter
- 230 grams flour
- 150 grated coconut
- Preheat oven to 420 F.
- Split the vanilla pod in half.
- In a saucepan, bring the milk and split vanilla pod to a boil. Remove from heat and let infuse for a few minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar together until the mixture becomes pale.
- In a small pan, gently melt the butter in a double boiler. Stir the melted butter into the egg and sugar mixture.
- Gradually, mix in the flour, then the warm milk (after removing the vanilla bean) and a pinch of salt.
- Add the grated coconut and mix.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff and carefully add them to the preparation.
- After buttering a cake mold, pour in the batter.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or a little bit longer.
- Let cool before unmolding.