Try your favorite herbs. Also works for tenderloin and small pork loin roast. Serve with green salad and foil baked potatoes and steamed green beans.
- 1/3 cup lemon lime soda (like 7-up)
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or garlic salt)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (or other dried herbs)
- 4 pork chops (3/4-inch thick)
- Mix together soda, soy sauce, juice, garlic powder, and herbs. Put pork chops into a large self-sealing baggie and pour marinade over. Marinate overnight (or at least 4 hours) in the refrigerator.*
- Take pork chops out of marinade - discard marinade. Grill chops 8-15 minutes depending on thickness. Remove from heat when temperature is 145 F and let rest 3 minutes before serving.
- *Also can put baggie of marinating chops in the freezer and take for camping. As the chops thaw in the cooler, they marinate.