- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (30 ml)
- 1 red onion (medium, diced)
- 3 medium carrots (chopped)
- 2 celery (ribs, chopped)
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 4 garlic cloves (pressed or minced)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (15 ounces or 400 grams)
- 1 can black beans (rinsed and drained, 15 ounces or 400 grams)
- 1 can pinto beans (rinsed and drained, 15 ounces or 400 grams)
- 2 cups water (or veggie stock)
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke (optional)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (chopped + more for garnishing)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice (or apple cider vinegar, to taste)
- cilantro (more)
- sour cream
- tortilla chips
|Calories320Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Josie Rae a year ago
Nice spice base, but mixed and matched ingredients that i had.
Hello Natashaa 2 years ago
Brilliant & better than the regular chili I make.
Grecia 2 years ago
Amazing! This had my meat-loving boyfriend going back for seconds! I used 1/4 of the salt it asks for (1 teaspoon) because I saw the salt content was so high and this seemed about right and turned out spot on for us. Also used 1 red pepper in place of the celery as the shop was out of celery, only 1 teaspoon of chili powder since we've got a very hot one (it was still a bit too spicy!), kidney beans instead of pinto beans because I much prefer them, no liquid smoke, no cilantro (boyfriend's not a fan) and 1 teaspoon of lime juice. It was so so good! Probably our new favourite meal!