If you already have a bread machine, you no doubt know its many virtues, but if you don't, here's good motivation to pick up one (or to dust off the one that you perhaps tucked away a while back). The simple yeast dough calls for only basic ingredie…
ts, as does the filling. And in a pinch, you could even use a good quality apple butter or jam instead of making it yourself.
- 1/2 cup milk (warm)
- 1 tablespoon dry yeast (biological)
- 3 cups flour (for culinary uses National)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 oranges
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 100 softened butter (grs of)
- 2 tablespoons rum
- Nutella (to your taste to fill)
- Place the flour, salt, cocoa, sugar and orange zest in a bowl. Open a hole in the center and put the warm milk (which dissolves the yeast), the egg and beaten egg yolks, the softened butter pieces, and rum. Start involving all the ingredients with a wooden spoon, or put the kneading hook in the mixer and knead for about 10 minutes. If knead by hand, do it for a little longer. You may need to add a little more flour.
- Place the dough in a warm place and let rise for 2 hours or until doubled in volume.
- Remove the dough from the bowl, put on a floured surface and knead again to release the air.