Whoopie pies are a nostaligic treat. They are filling and flavorful. This recipe for Chocolate and Guinness Whoopie Pies is a bold and hearty recipe. It takes 45 minutes to prepare these decadent desserts with 100 calories per serving. Everyone will…
want one. So make sure to bake some of these sweet treats and invite your friends over for a fun time. How could you deny yourself this sweetness? Enjoy!
- 175 grams cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 40 grams cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 170 grams butter (soft)
- 150 grams brown sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150 milliliters guinness (at room temperature)
- 150 grams Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 75 grams confectioner's sugar
- 200 milliliters whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 175C.
- Lined 2 or 3 baking trays with parchment paper.
- Trace small circles on the back of the parchment paper the size of macarons to act as templates for the cookie dough.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- With a whisk or blender, beat the butter with the sugar until light and creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla, and continue to mix.
- Add half the flour and Guinness, and mix again.
- Finally add the remaining flour and beat until smooth.
- Spread the mixture with a spoon onto the parchment paper, using the circles as guides. (Alternatively, use a piping bag with a smooth nozzle)
- Allow 3 centimeters between each cookie to avoid them sticking together.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Leave to cool before carefully removing with a spatula.
- To prepare the filling, whip the cream until thick and set aside.
- Mix the cheese with the confectioner’s sugar until smooth.
- Carefully add the whipped cream.
- With the piping bag, pipe small amounts of filling on top of the cookies and cover with another one.
|Calories100Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.