Here's a great back pocket recipe for chocolate cake that you can always pull out whenever you need something that's easy to prepare and sure to please. The cake has a light and airy crumb thanks to the beaten egg whites and yeast in the batter, whi…
h ensures it rises in the oven. The ganache, on the other hand, is delightfully rich and silky smooth, and making it is a breeze: Just heat the cream, pour over chopped chocolate, and stir to melt; it will thicken as it cools.
- 5 medium eggs (separated)
- 30 grams butter (softened)
- 50 cocoa powder (grrams)
- 150 grams caster sugar
- 150 grams wheat flour (fine, with yeast)
- 200 grams plain chocolate
- 200 milliliters sour cream
- powdered sugar (to taste and for sprinkling)
- Whisk the egg yolks with butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add chocolate and stir to combine.
- Add the sifted flour, stir with a spoon. Do not over mix.