These little crustless quiches are just right for entertaining, whether it's for brunch, a cocktail party, or as a starter course for a more formal dinner party. They make good use of leftover cooked chicken, or a rotisserie chicken that's bought just for this purpose, with spinach, watercress, and radishes and either kefir, soy milk creamer, or regular milk or cream in the custard base. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- olive oil
- 1 onions
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1 carrots
- cooked chicken (leftover)
- spinach (to taste)
- parsley (to taste)
- watercress (to taste)
- 4 radishes
- 2 eggs
- ground black pepper
- 1 cup kefir (thick, or soy cream, cream, or milk)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over low heat.
- Add chopped onion and garlic.
- Cook for a few minutes until the onion is soft and tender.
- Add julienned carrot.
- Shred chicken and add to pan.
- Rinse and separate spinach leaves, parsley, and watercress, then add them to the stew.
- Cook until the leaves wilt.
- Cut radishes in thin slices and add to the stew.
- Season with a pinch of salt.
- Distribute filling evenly in large muffin pans or small tartlet pans.
- Whisk eggs with the milk, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Pour on top of the chicken filling in the pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 35 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before removing from the pans.
|Calories290Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.