These little crustless quiches are just right for entertaining, whether it's for brunch, a cocktail party, or as a starter course for a more formal dinner party. They make good use of leftover cooked chicken, or a rotisserie chicken that's bought ju…
t for this purpose, with spinach, watercress, and radishes and either kefir, soy milk creamer, or regular milk or cream in the custard base. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- olive oil
- 1 onions
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1 carrots
- cooked chicken (leftover)
- spinach (to taste)
- parsley (to taste)
- watercress (to taste)
- 4 radishes
- 2 eggs
- ground black pepper
- 1 cup kefir (thick, or soy cream, cream, or milk)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over low heat.
- Add chopped onion and garlic.
- Cook for a few minutes until the onion is soft and tender.
- Add julienned carrot.
- Shred chicken and add to pan.
- Rinse and separate spinach leaves, parsley, and watercress, then add them to the stew.
- Cook until the leaves wilt.
- Cut radishes in thin slices and add to the stew.
- Season with a pinch of salt.
- Distribute filling evenly in large muffin pans or small tartlet pans.
- Whisk eggs with the milk, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Pour on top of the chicken filling in the pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 35 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before removing from the pans.
|Calories290Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.