- 1 avocado (Avocado, cut into chunks)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs (plain)
- 1 pound chicken (ground, lean)
- 1 egg (large egg, slightly beaten)
- 1 clove garlic (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
PER SERVING *
|Calories240Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Rachel Kelly 9 Nov
A little bland; followed instructions exactly. Ground chicken can be hard to find at some stores. I may make again if I’m trying to eat healthy but it’s not very tasty or enjoyable.
Maryann Philbrook 20 Aug
Couldn't find ground chicken, so I made it with ground turkey. It was still delicious! I didn't add any bread crumbs because of a dietary restriction, so it didn't hold together quite right, but it was still really good! This made a great dinner. The avocado made it so creamy and gave it a nice flavor.
Laura 15 May
Love this recipe! The chunks of avocado lighten up the ground chicken to make delicious burgers. I made them small and fairly thin, served on English muffins, a la sliders. Fabulous! Thank you!
Leeth Singh 14 Mar
I used chicken breast instead of ground chicken. Otherwise, good tasting
Alina Maatjes-Siletskaya 2 Aug 2017
Very tasty and healthy, made it with turkey too.
Jennifer R. 29 Jul 2016
I have made these a couple of times now and it just gets better. The avocado makes it creamy, I always add a little extra and as it tries to fall out confirms my messy burger theory. If it doesn't make a mess, it's not a good burger.