Soothe the after-school appetite with these scrumptious cheesy bites as seen in the publication, Walmart Live Better. These bite-sized balls are perfect for any little hands that want to help in the kitchen – plus the cheesy centre offers a fun surp…
ise. Such a tasty treat for the kids will also be a guilty pleasure for mom and dad.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (Great Value)
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 cups arborio rice (cooked and cooled)
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (finely)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 mozzarella (small Your Fresh Market, cubed, each 3/4-inch)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and drizzle with oil. Spread bread crumbs on a plate and set aside.
- Stir rice with egg, parmesan and salt in a medium bowl. Gather 1/3 cup of rice mixture and form into a ball using wet hands. Tuck a mozzarella cube into the centre, then reshape into a ball.
- Roll each ball through bread crumbs, just enough to lightly coat. Place on foil-lined baking sheet and roll in oil to coat. Repeat with remaining rice, bread crumbs and oil. There will be 6 balls. Bake in centre of oven until golden, about 25 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Additional back-to-school snack recipes can be found at www.walmart.ca/recipes.