Cooking and serving a whole head of cauliflower is easier and makes a prettier presentation than when it's separated into florets, and elevates the crucifer to dinner party status. Here, the cauliflower is first boiled in water and milk, which tames…
its taste and tenderizes the textur, before being baked in the oven. You could stop there, but the creme fraiche sauce that's spread over the cauliflower in this recipe, and the sliced almonds that are also sprinkled over the top, makes this version a real winner.
- 1 cauliflower
- 250 milliliters creme fraiche (or natural Greek yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard (with Cassis)
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- parsley (as needed)
- grated nutmeg
- sea salt (as needed)
- pepper (as needed)
- Boil the cauliflower in 3 parts water and 1 part milk, drain and season with a pinch of salt, freshly ground pepper and a pinch of nutmeg and fresh parsley. Then place it in an ovenproof dish greased with butter.
- In a separate bowl, prepare the topping: combine the crême fraíche and the mustard and stir very well.
- Pour the crême fraíche mixture over the cauliflower and then cover with the almonds. Bake in oven for about 15 min or until the almonds become golden brown.