There is just one word to best describe to this cake; Yummy! Carrot cake is an all time favorite, especially when walnuts are included. Toss dates into the picture and, well, it's over the top in a good way (as in carrots, walnuts, and dates are all…
exceptionally good for you). Brown sugar is the sweetener of choice for carrot cakes, and what is used here, in combination with ground cinnamon and nutmeg as the warming spices.
- 300 grams carrot
- 80 grams walnuts
- 150 grams dates
- 200 grams brown sugar
- 75 grams unsalted butter (softened)
- 5 eggs
- 125 milliliters plain yogurt
- 250 grams self rising cake flour
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Grease a cake pan with high sides with butter and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F.
- Peel carrots and finely grate.