- 8 ounces whole grain pasta (any shape you like, I used rotini)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (divided, plus additional for the pasta)
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast fillets (Just BARE Organic, cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (divided, plus additional for cooking the pasta)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (divided)
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes (halved if large)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups fresh spinach (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves (tightly packed, sliced into thin strips)
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese (cut into cubes)
PER SERVING *
|Calories220Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
nik 18 Apr
i added mushrooms and next time i’d ad some tony’s or cayenne pepper for some extra flavoring, but all in all it was an excellent and filling dish
Martha M. 27 Mar
It was easy to make and so tasty
Hey Kate ! 16 Feb
Really really good !!! Refreshing and super tasty !!!
S. G. 11 Sep 2017
delicious and refreshing
Sarah V. 18 May 2017
It was ok I modified it a little, it needed a little more sauce or something
E S. 15 Feb 2016
Very yummy and easy to make. Has the protein, carbs, and the vegetables needed in a serving. My only correction I would make next time is not to over cook the tomatoes as you still want them to look whole not a paste when you add the pasta and rest of the ingredients to the mix.
Deanna N. 11 Feb 2016
Instead of basil I used a mix of fine dried herbs and also used half shredded mozzarella and half fresh parmesan. It was light and tasty and the whole family liked it. I would make it again and maybe add an additional vegetable...like broccoli or asparagus.
Iina S. 31 Jul 2015
Absolutely delicious! I unfortunately had no fresh spinach available, but the frozen variety proved to work as well. I'll definitely have to make this again, next time with fresh spinach (can only imagine how much more delicious it'll be that way!)