If you enjoy Cajun cuisine, you will love the special blend of spices and herbs that coat this fast and easy Cajun baked salmon.
- 4 salmon fillets (Atlantic, 5 oz each)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse the salmon filets under cool water. Gently pat them dry with paper towels, then place on the baking sheet, skin side down.
- Place the butter in a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 20 seconds, or until melted.
- Place all the spices, sugar, salt, and pepper in the bowl with the butter. Stir with a fork until a thick paste forms.
- Using a spoon and clean hands, rub a scant teaspoon of the spice mixture evenly over the top of each salmon filet.
- Cut the lemon in half. Squeeze the juice of half a lemon evenly over the filets. Reserve the other half for serving.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake the salmon for 12-15 minutes on the middle rack of the oven, until it flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- Squeeze the juice of the reserved lemon half over the filets. Plate and serve immediately.
|Calories260Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.