- 1 butternut squash (large)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg (freshly)
- 1 1/2 pounds lasagna noodles (cooked to al dente)
- 1/2 stick butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups milk (slightly warmed)
- 1/2 cup pecorino romano (grated)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 cups ricotta
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- olive oil
- Oven at 375 degrees.
- Don't be thrown off by the butternut squash, while it is very hard, the skin in thin. Using a potato peeler go ahead and peel off the skin. Cut the squash in half then into ~1/2 to 3/4 inch slices. Remove and discard the seeds. Dice the squash into 1 inch cubes.
- Place the squash onto a lined baking sheet. Toss with the salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and enough olive oil to coat. Cook for about 25-30 minutes until fork tender and lightly browned.